All over the world, cities, towns and regions face complex yet important decisions about their future. As population increases, communities need to choose where and how to shape themselves. There are thousands of questions like these:
- Where will or should houses, apartments and commercial buildings go?
- What roads, schools, water and infrastructure will be needed in future?
- Will tax revenue be enough to pay for services?
- What will traffic be like, and can it be reduced?
- What will happen to the natural environment?
- What will become of the local way of life – the heart and soul of the community?
- What can be done to improve the quality of life?
Fundamentally, communities need to decide how hundreds of economic, environmental and social considerations can be addressed and woven together to create vibrant places to live now and in the years to come.
While these decisions are important, they are also complex. Myriad factors are in play. Making wise, informed decisions requires combining science, data, and points of view from many fields at once – a task for which CommunityViz is designed.